Fall 2020 Preschool Enrollment
Peaceful Heart Preschool
Enrollment information for the 2020/2021 School Year
For the 2020/2021 school year, Peaceful Heart Preschool will operate longer days and offer more days per week than our current schedule:
Two separate classes will operate each week for kids ages 3 - 5, separated somewhat by age, yet you may enroll in both of them for more hours each week and more multi-age experience:
- The Sprout Class: M/W, 9am - 1pm with an extended day option to 2:30pm. Designed for younger kids
- The Forest Class: T/Th, 9am - 2:30pm. Designed for older kids
Three, four and five-year-olds will learn side by side for parts of each day and separate out for individualized lessons at other times.
Curriculum / Requirements:
Both classes focus primarily on age appropriate exploration of yoga, mindfulness, awareness and directing of feeling energy, communication and social skills:
- Daily yoga lesson (poses, animals, games, dancing, breathing, stretching, balance, coordination)
- Breathing practices interwoven throughout our day
- Careful, patient guidance through feelings and conflicts and budding friendships
Both classes offer academics (letters, numbers, etc) in a whole body, sensory-based, experiential and play-based approach:
- Sprout class focuses less on academics but still introduces the concepts at an age-appropriate level
- Forest class will engage more in academics as we prepare kids for Kindergarten
- We serve an organic, whole food snack each day to both classes
- Both classes include a lunch time. Please send a packed lunch for your child daily.
- All children, for either class, must be at least 3 years-old by October of 2020
- All children, for either class, must be potty trained
*** All ages refer to the age the child will be in September/October of 2020 ***
- See below for more information on each class and what it will cover.
- See the home page Peaceful Heart Preschool and A Deeper Look for learn more about our program and philosophy!
2020/2021 Preschool Programs
- Monday / Wednesday
- 9am - 1pm
- Extended day: 9am - 2:30pm. We do not have nap time at preschool, but we will have a resting and story time after lunch and if any children fall asleep they will be left to sleep (if you want them to!)
- Multi-age program for kids 3 - 5, but designed more for younger children - mostly 3 year-olds
- Older kids are welcome to join this class from the T/Th class, or to register for this class alone, as the curriculum will feature many of the benefits of a multi-age classroom
- Kids from this class may choose to add on a third or fourth day each week by joining the T/Th class and benefiting from an older group of children (see below), if there is space
- This class will be a gentle, slower-paced introduction to being in school.
- Monthly Tuition
- M/W, 9am - 1pm: $230/month
- M/W, 9am - 2:30pm: $315/month
- Activity and Supply Fee (one time fee due October 1): $40
- Registration Fee (one time fee due with application form):
- $60 new students
- $25 returning students
- Tuesday / Thursday
- 9am - 2:30pm
- Multi-age program for kids 3 - 5, but designed for older children generally: 4 and 5 year-olds or older 3 year-olds who are comfortable with more independence
- Younger kids (3 year-olds) welcome to join from the M/W class or to register for this class alone, as the curriculum will feature many of the benefits of a multi-age classroom. We suggest that 3 year-olds attend only from 9am - 1pm, as the afternoon will have some more in depth curriculum, but staying until 2:30 may be possible. (We do not nap at preschool but will have a short rest and story time).
- Kids from this class may choose to add on a third or fourth day each week by joining the M/W class (see above) if there is space
- This class will feature a few more challenging components than the M/W class including more field trips, more in depth projects and more academics (literacy, numbers, etc) as we prepare children for Kindergarten.
- Monthly Tuition:
- 9am - 2:30pm: $315/month
- Activity and Supply Fee (due one time each semester):
- $40 due October 1, 2020
- $40 due January 1, 2021
- Registration Fee (one time fee due with application form, non-refundable):
- $60 new students
- $25 returning students
All Tuition Rates
For all options of mixing the two classes
- 2 half days (9am - 1pm): $230
- 3 half days (9am - 1pm): $340
- 4 half days (9am - 1pm): $450
- 2 full days (9am - 2:30pm): $315
- 3 full days (9am - 2:30pm): $460
- 4 full days (9am - 2:30pm): $610
- 2 half days and one full day: $385
- 2 half days and two full days: $535
- 2 full days and one half day: $425
Preschool Application Process
- Enrollment will begin in January for in-house students (current students and siblings of current and past students).
- Any families on the Early Registration List will be given priority next
- Any remaining spots will be opened to the public around February.
- All spots in each category are offered on a first come first serve basis.
We are accepting application forms now for current and new families.
We will start accepting new students in February, but the application process is on a first come first serve basis.
Application and Acceptance Process
- Print and fill out the Application Form above
- Send it in or drop it in the dropbox on the porch railing outside of the preschool:
- 725 W. Alder St. #3, Missoula, MT 59801
- Include the Application Fee (same for both classes):
- $60 for a new student
- $25 for a returning student (Siblings are considered new students)
- Upon receiving your application form and fee, we will contact you to let you know if you have a spot in the school or if you will be placed on the wait list.
- If you don't hear from us within a few days of sending your form, feel free to contact us!
- At the beginning of the enrollment process, there may be frequent changes, so being on the wait list may be very temporary. Feel free to check in regularly to hear the status on your application if that happens.
- The Application Form will ask for your preferences for days and number of hours and we will do our best to accommodate your requests, but final placements will be decided once we receive the majority of applications. We will stay in contact with you around this process and are happy to give you updates along the way.
- Feel free to contact us if there are any time constraints or restrictions in regards to schedules for your family.
- During the summer, we will schedule a Family Visit to get to know each other better!
- In August, we will have a Preschool Party to get to know everybody in the school!