Learn To Teach Yoga To Kids
Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training
30 hour foundation course on guiding children in yoga and mindfulness
Want to teach yoga and mindfulness to kids?
Are you a teacher who needs a more holistic and effective classroom management tool for yourself and your students?
Are you a yoga teacher who loves to work with kids?
We are so excited to offer a training just for you!
30-Hour Foundation Course:
Teach yoga and mindfulness to children ages 3 through the teenage years! At the core of this training is a passion for yoga and a love for children. This comprehensive kids' teacher training program is experiential and fun, designed to provide adult yoga practitioners with the tools and knowledge needed to share the gifts of yoga and mindfulness with children.
Our Foundation Course will allow you to incorporate what you learn into your current work with children or find innovative and new ways to teach yoga and mindfulness in a multitude of settings. Our longevity with the yoga practice and expertise working with kids of all ages will create a dynamic learning environment that is supportive and collaborative. Participants will leave with a variety of sample lesson plans and practices as part of the overall training manual, a practicum experience, mentor hours, and the confidence to help teach these lifelong tools to kids. Our goal is that participants will leave feeling joyful, invigorated, and hopeful for a healthy future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Adults with 1+ yrs. yoga practice who enjoy working with children, including yoga teachers, yoga students, educators, parents, physical education and health teachers, school or family counselors, child psychologists, social workers, occupational and physical therapists, camp counselors, recreation directors, pediatricians and others who regularly work with children. You do NOT need to be a certified yoga teacher to register for this class. We ask that you have a "relationship" with yoga though. That you've been practicing regularly for a while and it has seeped into your being...
- Amy Friedman has been an educator for over twenty years both internationally and stateside. She has taught art, drama, experiential education, yoga, dance, and social and emotional learning. Her yoga journey began young with a yogini mom to pave the way. This path led her to explore yoga as a means for balance, self-study, and ultimately, a way of life. Amy currently works with kids and teachers to explore the seeds of yoga while working as a middle school counselor. Amy is also a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, certified as a 200-hour yoga teacher and a 95-hour children’s yoga teacher. She is a mindfulness facilitator for Be Here Now Sangha and co-leads the family mindfulness retreats through Open Way. She is a certified Positive Discipline Parent and Classroom Educator as well. Amy is passionate about helping both kids and adults learn to plant healthy seeds and water them daily. You can learn more about Amy here: tiny.cc/amybewell
- Jess Matthiae is the owner of Peaceful Heart Yoga, which has been operating since 2013 and is currently expanding to offer trainings such as this, classes and workshops designed for mothers before and after childbirth, yoga for parents practicing alongside their kids and yoga and mindfulness camps for children of all ages. Jess is originally from Missoula, and returned home in 2011. She has been guiding children of all ages in many different settings since 2002. Jess is a 500hr certified Yoga Teacher and has completed several trainings including Yoga Kids and Street Yoga designed for kids. Jess is passionate about how we “hold space” for children. She has been observing and studying this concept since childhood and now practices the yoga art of “witness” for herself as she continues to learn and grow. Learn more about Jess HERE.
The Next Training is
scheduled for August 13 - 16, 2020!!
Early Bird Pricing!! $350 (good through June 15, 2020)
Next Steps / Cancellation and Refund Policy: We will be in touch with you once we review your application. If you are accepted into the training, a non-refundable $100 deposit is required to hold your spot. The remaining balance is due in full by July 24, 2020, and is non-refundable at that point. The early bird pricing amount of $350 runs through June 15, 2020. You must pay the $100 deposit prior to that date to be considered "early bird". Upon filling out the online application, you will receive information via email about methods of payment.
Dates / Times: Thursday, August 13 through Sunday, August 16. Each day's schedule will be approximately 9am to 5pm. A more detailed schedule will be given to you as the time comes closer.
Location: Peaceful Heart Yoga, 725 W. Alder St, Missoula, Montana 59802
Ready to apply??
Email or call Jess with questions:
Peaceful Heart Preschool Internship
An educational opportunity for the 2020 school year to learn the inner workings of a Yoga Preschool
Below is the announcement for the 2019 intern search. The position has been filled, but it's never too early to think ahead for the school year starting in September of 2020! Schedule may be a little different.
Peaceful Heart Preschool is a small yoga-inspired preschool in downtown Missoula. I am looking for an intern / apprentice for the 2019-20 school year. In exchange for your help with some sweet young kids, you get to learn how to teach yoga and mindfulness to kids and feel the flow of a yoga based preschool.
PURPOSE: This apprenticeship will offer skills in teaching yoga, mindfulness and meditation to preschool children (ages 3 - 5). In addition to these daily lessons, the environment and all of our daily patterns and interactions arise from the study of yoga: As a yoga preschool, we strive to “hold space” for the children in a respectful and authentic manner. We teach strength and flexibility of mind and emotions (along with body) and compassion, love and respect for others. Through the educators’ own practice of yoga and mindfulness, we model our own centered selves while we listen carefully and respond intuitively. Appropriate for anybody who cares greatly for creating such an environment for children - preschool teachers, parents, and beyond.
SCHEDULE: September 3, 2019 through mid-June 2020, following the Missoula Public School calendar (mostly). Every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:45 to 12:15. Class is 9 to 12 so the schedule reflects some set up and clean up time.
The apprenticeship will officially begin with the start of the school year in September of 2019, but this summer, Peaceful Heart offers summer camps in yoga and mindfulness for preschool and school aged children, so the chosen apprentice could start as early as this summer.
DETAILS: The apprentice will join the preschool class each week to observe, learn and eventually practice leading the group. You would help with the children, preparation and general classroom needs. You would get to meet with the teacher and owner of Peaceful Heart twice per month (approximately 30 minutes) to check in on what you are learning and where you want to explore more in depth. There is the possibility (depending on Peaceful Heart’s need and success in the apprenticeship program) you may be recruited to the substitute teacher list, along with the possibility of more teaching needs as the school grows. Availability and flexibility for this is a plus, but not necessary.
This is an unpaid position designed for education. You will have free access to workshops and classes offered at Peaceful Heart Yoga during your apprenticeship. There is also a Kids Yoga Teacher Training we are offering at Peaceful Heart in October 2019 for which you could get a discounted tuition.
- Be reliable. Time off can be arranged, but the kids and I will be counting on you to be there every week.
- Be very willing to learn and open to new methods.
- Have a yoga/meditation practice or some similar practice of self-awareness in process or willing to begin
- Love young children
It will not be possible to bring your own child to the class with you or have your preschooler enrolled in the same class.
No experience necessary. This program is designed to teach through observation and involvement.
The chosen candidates will need to agree to a background check and reference check.
TO APPLY for Fall of 2020: Please fill out this online form and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will contact you prior to any background or reference checking. If you seem like a good fit, I will contact you.