Peaceful Heart Preschool
Peaceful Heart Preschool is a yoga-inspired preschool located in Missoula, Montana.
We offer a holistic, cozy learning environment for kids ages 3 - 5. Our curriculum uses breath, movement and mindfulness to cover the regular preschool subjects, all while nurturing a strong sense of self and a loving community.
Registration for the current 2019/2020 school year:
CLICK HERE to Download the Peaceful Heart Preschool registration form, fill it out and send it in with the registration fee (all needed information is on the form). You will be placed on the wait list and notified if a spot opens up.
2020/2021 School Year
NEW expanded hours and day options!
Preschool Registration is NOW OPEN for the school year starting in September of 2020!
We accept children who are potty trained and are at least 3 years-old by October 2020.
Registration for the 2020/2021 school year:
We will begin accepting in-house students (current students and siblings of current and past students) and families on the Early Registration List in January.
Any remaining spots will be opened to the public around February. All spots in each category are offered on a first come first serve basis.
An Application Form is available NOW! We are accepting applications now. We will start accepting new students in February on a first-come-first-served basis.
Early Registration for other school years is also open anytime for any other school year. Just email email@example.com to get set up. No commitment or deposit required. You receive the registration form before the general public, usually in January of that year.
Contact Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-239-9642 to check for space and for questions.
At Peaceful Heart Preschool.....
- We do yoga everyday to encourage strength, flexibility, body awareness, confidence and balance in all aspects of ourselves.
- Our breath work (pranayama) follows us through our day to maintain peace in the classroom and to teach us how to calm or focus ourselves
- We value PLAY!
- The older class studies several other movement arts such as gymnastics and dance through field trips and guests
- We visit our park across the street at least one time per week (older class most frequently)
- We have a small class size that promotes strong relationship and community - limited to 12
- We offer organic, whole food snacks and do NOT use any chemical cleaners or fragrances
- We prioritize emotional and social intelligence through the lens of honesty and authenticity (yoga principals). Miss Jess has been studying the emotions and psychology of children for 15 years in many different settings and continue to observe and learn what is best each day. We attempt to hold space for our classroom so that each person is carefully heard and respected. The kids learn to slow down as we creatively uncover all the possible solutions to any problem. They listen to each other and explain how they feel and what they want before reacting to a situation. We don't allow any manipulative or aggressive behaviors and instead decipher the original feelings that led to such behaviors. Miss Jess believes that kids naturally are kind, loving and empathetic and it is usually some unheard feeling or problem that clouds this natural state. Upon deciphering the problem or hearing the feeling, their love flows again.
- We send Daily emails about our day and frequent insights and observations about your child so we can work as a team and create a caring, loving sense of community.
- We explore a full preschool academic curriculum - letters, numbers, math, the human body, science, art and more - through movement and creativity, engaging the body and mind simultaneously