Peaceful Heart Preschool
At Peaceful Heart Preschool.....
* We do yoga everyday to encourage strength, flexibility, body awareness, confidence and balance in all aspects of ourselves.
* Our breath work (pranayama) follows us through our day to maintain peace in the classroom and to teach us how to calm or focus ourselves
* We learn about the human body, letters and numbers through movement as well as the more conventional ways (reading, writing, lessons)
* We spend some time with academic subjects, but the school is mostly "play based"
* The older class studies several other movement arts such as gymnastics and dance through field trips and guests
* We visit our park across the street at least one time per week (older class most frequently)
* Small class size - limited to 10
* Organic, whole food snacks provided and no chemical cleaners or fragrances are used in the space
* Emotional and social intelligence, through the lens of honesty and authenticity (yoga principals) is our highest priority. I have been studying the emotions and psychology of children for 15 years in many different settings and continue to observe and learn what is best each day. I attempt to hold space for our classroom so that each person is carefully heard and respected. The kids learn to slow down as we creatively uncover all the possible solutions to any problem. They listen to each other and explain how they feel and what they want before reacting to a situation. We don't allow any manipulative or aggressive behaviors and instead decipher the original feelings that led to such behaviors. I believe that kids naturally are kind, loving and empathetic and it is usually some unheard feeling or problem that clouds this natural state. Upon deciphering the problem or hearing the feeling, their love flows again.
General Information: Learn more about Peaceful Heart Preschool
What parents have to say...
Preschool Registration for Fall 2019
Pre-registration is open anytime for any school year. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up. No commitment or deposit required. You receive the registration form before the general public, usually in January of that year. Registration for 2019 will begin around February for current preschool families and siblings of current and past students. Registration for any remaining spots will be open to the public starting around mid February.
Contact me at email@example.com or 406-239-9642 to check for space and for questions.
Download the 2018 Preschool Registration Form
Download the Peaceful Heart Preschool Handbook for 2017/2018